Terms & Conditions
EmzCakes Booking Terms & Conditions
Celebration Cake Booking:
- Cake bookings can be made either online through our website emzcakes.com on our online shop or by calling us on (01978) 366668, or by visiting the shop and placing an order in person.
- All bookings are subject to availability at the time of booking and making a partial payment or payment in full. We require a minimum payment of at least 25% to confirm your booking. No booking is confirmed without this.
- Our signature range requires a minimum of at least 7 days advanced booking, more notice may be required during busier periods. Bespoke celebration cakes are subject to availability.
- When booking please make sure all the information you provide is correct when placing your order, and you are happy with all of the options you have chosen.
- When choosing your collection date please make sure this is the day you wish to collect your cake. We always advise collecting the day before your event of celebration where ever possible.
- If you wish to pay for your order in instalments, we will still require a 25% payment to confirm your booking, then you can pay off a little as and when you wish. Orders over £100 require final payment at least 28 days before collection/delivery. Orders under £100 any remaining balance is due on collection.
- When placing an order through our online shop, you can choose any available collection date from the pop up calendar. We require a minimum of 7 days advanced booking. Please make sure you choose the correct date when placing your order online.
- We cannot be held responsible if you choose the wrong collection date when ordering. If you need to change your collection dae, we will always try to accommodate your correct date where possible but this will be subject to availability and may not be possible to change.
- When ordering through our online shop full payment is required when ordering.
- We will never copy another cake makers design; all of our cakes are unique. We are happy to use reference photos for specific elements, or design features but we like to put our own twist on our cakes.
- We can not make copyrighted figures such as cartoon characters. But you are welcome to provide your own figures and we can put these on the cake for you. You will just need to drop these off a couple of days before.
- If you would like a specific shade of colour you will need to provide a sample of this to us in person that we can attach to your booking form. This can be a swatch of fabric, ribbon, or paper in the colour of your choice. We can then colour match to this physical sample, we cannot guarantee an identical match but we will get as close as possible.
- We will always use our artistic licence when it comes to the final design, for example the placement of objects, or elements.
- We may need to shorten or change the layout of messages/ages if needed. Fonts will vary.
- If you order personalised human figures, we will require a photo of the person and a short description of what you would like them to be wearing too, this can be provided when booking, or emailed to email@example.com please also include the name the cake is booked under and your collection date.
- Collection is from our Wrexham shop. EmzCakes 45 Chester Street Wrexham LL13 8BA.
- You can collect anytime during our opening hours on the collection date you chose when ordering,
- If you need to check your collection date please call the shop.
- When collecting, your cake will come in a cake box, please check your order to make sure it is all correct and you are happy with your cake. If you notice an error such as the spelling of a name, or there is something missing please let us know on collection and we can fix this for you.
- By leaving the shop with your cake you are agreeing you are happy with your order and it is correct.
Transporting Your Cake Safely:
- When collecting your cake please make sure you leave enough time so you are not in a rush. Cakes are delicate and need to be carried and transported with care.
- Always hold your cake from underneath the box and keep flat at all times, being carful not to push the sides of the box into the cake.
- When transporting in the car, the best place to transport the cake is flat in the boot of the car on a non-slip mat or surface. Make sure there is nothing that could fall on/into your cake during transit. Drive carefully making sure you drive very slowly over bumps, and around corners with no sudden breaking.
- Once you have collected your cake, it is your responsibility to transport your cake safely. We do not take any responsibility to damage caused to your cake during transit after it leaves the shop.
- Cakes need to be stored in a cool dry place out of direct sunlight.
- All cakes are best eaten within 3 days of collection. Keep all open sides covered with foil or clingfilm to keep fresh.
- Cakes can be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost before eating.
- During the summer months, buttercream cakes with no fondant decoration can be stored in the fridge in the box. Keep in the box and bring back to room temp before serving. Fondant will sweat when kept in the fridge and brought back to room temperature so we advise against keeping fondant covered cakes in the fridge.
Celebration Cake Delivery & Set Up:
- Delivery options are available for orders over £100.
- Delivery and set up is free within 10 miles for orders over £100.
- Delivery and set up over 10 miles and up to 30 miles from LL138BA is £30.
- Delivery is required for cakes of 3 or more tiers.
Cancellations and Date Changes:
- We require at least 7 days advanced notice if you wish to cancel your order, there is a 25% cancellation fee for all cancellations(this is 25% of your total order value), this is to cover the cost of services already provided during the booking process and for time spent on order planning and preparation for your order.
- We require a minimum of 7 days advanced notice for date changes. All date changes are subject to availability for your new date We will always accommodate date changes when we can, but please note this isn’t always possible.
Postponed bookings due to Covid:
- If you need to postpone your booking due to Covid, we require at least 7 days advanced notice. More notice is appreciated. We may accommodate shorter notice postponements at our discretion as long as we haven’t already started work on your order.
- Please note that your new date will be subject to our availability at the time of re-booking your order.
- If we can’t accommodate your new date due to us already being fully booked for your new date, a refund will be issued.
- If you choose to cancel your booking completely because of any issue relating to Covid, you must provide us with at least 7 days notice of cancellation and a store credit note will be issued. Cancellation within 7 days due to Covid will incur a 25% cancellation fee(25% of your total order value) with any remaining monies paid will be issued to you as a store credit note. If we have already started work on your cake no credit note will be issued.
- If you spot something is wrong with your order on collection or delivery please let us know at the time of collection or delivery and we will be happy to rectify this for you.
- If there is something wrong with the taste of the cake, please return at least 75% of the cake to us within 3 days of collection so we can inspect the cake and help us determine the problem.
- Taste is subjective, we cannot be held responsible if you do not like the flavour you ordered.
- Once a cake leaves our care it is your responsibility to transport your cake safely (please see above).
- For any other concerns please get in touch via email to firstname.lastname@example.org and one of our team will be able to assist further.
- All orders to be placed through our online shop.
- For full details please see the item listing on our website.
- Please double check the phone number, email address and shipping address you provide are correct when ordering. We cannot be held responsible if you enter the wrong information when ordering.
Food Allergies or Intolerances:
- We use several different allergens in our kitchens. Every care is taken to prevent cross contamination but all our products may contain traces. We want to provide you with as much information as possible so you can make an informed choice on if our products are suitable for you to consume.
- If you have a food allergy or intolerance please inform us before placing your order. If you would like anymore information please call us on (01978) 366668.
- All celebration cake orders will come with an allergen sticker showing you which allergens the cake contains.
Offers, Promotions and Prizes:
- We reserve the right to end any offer or promotion early.
- All prizes must be claimed in the stated timeframe. We cannot be held responsible if you do not claim your prize in time.
- All offers, promotions and discounts can not be used with any other offer.
- EmzCakes decision is final.
Our Contact Details:
Address: EmzCakes 45 Chester Street Wrexham LL13 8BA
Phone: (01978) 366668